Sunday, February 03, 2013

Demise of WEBSHOTS

Unfortunately, WEBSHOTS was sold in 2012. The new owners changed the format & usage of the site when it became WEBSHOTS SMILE. The 2,000+ family pictures, etc. that I had there are no longer available & I've not found a comparable site where I may upload them. I barely managed to save the pictures, thanks to a friend.On the other hand, the identity of many of the individuals may be lost.
The work of 12 years is almost all lost, but I do want to thank everyone, who shared their pics with me & who allowed me to share them with you via WEBSHOTS.
Please don't write to tell me about possible sites where I may upload the pictures. I've seen them all & none, thus far, responds to my needs. Maybe eventually, a programmer will create another site that will have the amenities that the former WEBSHOTS had.
Some of my previous, older posts may contain a link leading you to the original WEBSHOTS.Of course, they'll lead you to nowhere. Sorry about that...but I can't do anything about it at the moment. And, I don't know if I'll have the courage to start this venture anew. At least the pictures of our ancestors were available for many years & now I don't know what the future will hold for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment